Gregory Simmons is a two sport athlete. He runs track and cross country. In his high school career, Gregory has been a part of two cross country and three track State Championships. Simmons scored in all of these events and has been a big contributor in the Panthers' success in these two sports. Recently, we asked Gregory a series of questions about his athletic career.
What is your favorite memory as a Panther?
- My favorite memory was being a part of the 4th Triple Crown, the most of any team in the Nation.
What are some lessons you have learned as a HSHS athlete?
- I have learned respect for my coaches, teammates, and opposition. Also, I learned to have humility in victory and defeat.
What is one thing you would tell a younger athlete looking up to you?
- Work hard and always prove people who doubted you wrong
What is your favorite motivational quote?
- Heroes may not be braver that anyone else, they are just braver for five minutes longer- Ronald Regan
Who are some contributors to your success as an athlete?
- Coach Cresswell, coach Goldman and my father because they push me to be my best on and off the track or course.